Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How to change name legally?

Can someone tell me how to change my name so I can change my drivers license, passport etc. BUT I want to do it in a way where it does NOT show up on all these public record websites out there. Is there a way to do that? I do not care one bit if the authorities know who I am but I do care if everyone in my life right now can get ahold of the info and try to re-enter my life... that is what I want to avoid.How to change name legally?
Name changes involve filing an action in court asking the judge to change your name. They do require publication in the newspaper, usually once. I know of no state where it can be done in secret. The statute must be followed for the change to be effective.How to change name legally?
There are some restrictions on what you may choose as your new name. Generally, the limits are as follows:

You cannot choose a name with fraudulent intent -- meaning you intend to do something illegal. For example, you cannot legally change your name to avoid paying debts, keep from getting sued or get away with a crime.

Your new name cannot interfere with the rights of others, which generally is defined as choosing the name of a famous person with the intent to mislead. For example, most judges will not approve your renaming yourself George Bush or William (Bill) Clinton unless you have a convincing reason not related to the famous politicians.

You cannot use a name that would be intentionally confusing. This might be a number or punctuation -- for example, ';10,'; ';III,'; or ';?.';

You cannot choose a name that is a racial slur.

You cannot choose a name that could be considered a ';fighting word,'; which includes threatening or obscene words, or words likely to incite violence.
  • how to start dreads with short hair
  • do puppies have rabies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment