Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I live in Chicago And i need help on how to change the names on a house title?

I need help, when it comes to things like this I don't know what to do and i feel so lost. My Mom is giving me a 2flat that she owns. And she wants me to change the title of the house from her name to mines. But I don't know where to go or how to file what ever it is that's necessary in order to change the names. I live in Chicago and I was wondering is there a place or an office that I can go to file the papers I need or something?



Thank you so much for taking your time to look and answer my question!I live in Chicago And i need help on how to change the names on a house title?
its called a quick claim deed! you can do it on your own at the clerk's office... or if you feel better hiring a real estate attorney, they can do that for you!



good luckI live in Chicago And i need help on how to change the names on a house title?
You would need a complete a quit-claim deed, where your name would be added to title, and hers would be removed.



You can usually just call up the county clerk in your area to do this. Look up the government website for your county, or search for it in the phonebook.



They'll be able to provide assistance and get you to the right people. It's not hard, just a bureaucratic process.



Learn about credit and mortgage:



http://www.thetruthaboutmortgage.com
Go to your city office and file a quick deed title change.

That's all you have to do
In Illinois the seller can fill out a deed to the property, but you have to have the form and have to know how to fill it out. Your best bet is to call around to some attorneys and get prices on how much to do this for you (that way you know it's done right and you won't have to worry about correcting anything later).



One thing to keep in mind, anything that is on the title to the property while your mom owns it will become your responsibility once she deeds it. So, if there is a mortgage on the property you may have a problem if the bank won't let you assume the loan. Most mortgages say they become due when the property is transferred. If your mom hasn't paid taxes, or has any liens against her that can be a problem too.



Be careful and really, see a lawyer. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment