Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I change our names?

I want to change my name to my husbands and also our son's. Our sons is different because we originally decided to name him after his grandparents but now we would all like the carry the same name. I planned on going to the social security office tomorrow but do i need to bring my son with me? [he's 2] My husband will not be able to go. Does anyone know what it takes to change last names in Texas?How do I change our names?
Social security can't change your names. You will have to petition the court for a name change. There is a small fee associated with name change and you can order a kit with the forms you'll need online for around $30 if you google it. Your best bet to getting it done on the first try is to contact an attorney.



Basically what will have to happen is that you will petition the court, wait for approval and then will receive a certificate in the mail approving the name change. You'll take that certificate and fill out another form to amend your birth certificate. Take that to the Social Security Administration to get a new Social Security Card THEN go the DMV; if you do it in the other order, the DMV will not issue a license in your new name.



It is pretty easy to have your child's last name changed to his biological father's last name. It's easier than changing your own name and I'm pretty sure it's only a $20 fee for the birth certificate amendment.



Good luck!How do I change our names?
First your husbands name must appear on the child's Birth certificate if it doesn't you will have to have it changed at the hall of records where the child was born. You will also need your marriage certificate

You do not need the child with you as he is a minor and you are his mother as it states on his birth certificate.

You will also have to change military ID Drivers License Credit Card Checking account and any membership cards you may have
i agree with the top contributer up there! and my bro is in the marines to! welll was, he quit. have a good marine wife life!

No comments:

Post a Comment