Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change name in front of my email address?

For example John Doe %26lt;johndoe@yahoo.com%26gt;. I want to change the first John Doe name and I don't know where to go to do it. I dont see the name I chose listed in any of my account options and I don't know the name for what techno word is used for the name in front of email address but when I email someone they see that first name. Help please.How do I change name in front of my email address?
Click 'Options' in the upper-right corner of your 'In Box' Mail page and select 'Mail Options'.



In the box on the left, click 'Yahoo! Mail'.



Click ‘General Preferences’.



In the ';From name:'; box, enter your name how you'd like it to appear in the ';From:'; line of your outgoing messages.



Example: ';Jane Doe';, This is the name people will see in their Inboxes for messages from you.



You can leave the ';Reply to:'; field blank, so your Yahoo! Mail address is automatically the return address when others reply to you.



Or, you can specify a different return address by entering it after ';Reply to:';.



Click Save to put your new settings into effect.How do I change name in front of my email address?
You need to change your ';From'; and that will fix your problem.



Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Yahoo! Mail page.

Under “Management”, click General Preferences.

Right at the top, in the “From name:” box, enter your name how you’d like it to appear in the ';From:'; line of your outgoing messages. Example: “Sally Tiptoes”.

If you want, you can also adjust the email address to which people send messages when they click “Reply”. If you leave the “Reply to:” field blank, your Yahoo! Mail address is the return address. Specify a different return address by entering it after “Reply to:”.

Click Save to put your new settings into effect.

Note: “From” can’t contain special characters like the ';@'; symbol. And, the address in “Reply to:” can’t exceed 40 characters.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/or…



If you are using the All New Mail then it is a little different. They still are working on the set up.

Click Options %26gt;Mail Options %26gt;Accounts %26gt;Add Or Edit Account %26gt;Edit %26gt;Save

No comments:

Post a Comment