Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Vista won't let me change name for folders?

It says it needs the adminstrator's persmission when I try to change the name of a folder, how can I fix it?

The security thing in vista makes everything complicated.Vista won't let me change name for folders?
I've seen that happen on two occasions. First is when you have more than one folder open viewing that location. The other is if you have a file open in that folder. Make sure you close any files and folders related to the one you're trying to delete. If nothing else works, try performing a disk check to fix any errors, then try again.Vista won't let me change name for folders?
Is it your computer? Go to control panel and see the settings, for users and if you have admin rights you can change settings
You could just return to XP or delete the security thing
All u have to do is right click it. Then you hit rename. :D.

Hope this helped

No comments:

Post a Comment