Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How to change name on UK passport?

I am wanting to know if it is possible to change my name and take out a middle name on UK passport, without having to change my name by deed poll. Do I just need to write to them and say what my new name is/request middle name to be taken out or is it more complicated than that? Thanks.How to change name on UK passport?
Hey i have just changed my name by deed poll with www.thelegaldeedpollservice.org.uk to allow me to change my passport, driving licence ETC. It was really easy and simple, and only cost me 拢10. Take a look at their new video if you need help in making your mind up... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK2mY2TaUOQHow to change name on UK passport?
I changed my name here http://www.deed-poll.net I hope you find it usefull.

Report Abuse


You cannot change your name on your passport unless you have legally changed your name by deed poll. You will then have to fill in a passport form with your change of name and attach the relevant proof of your new name.
Just Renew the passport, it will cost around 拢90, you can renew it and leave out your middle name on the form and write a covering letter saying you don't want your middle name on it. You will need the usual photos and stuff...



Seems like a waste of money to me..
I dont think they will change it unless you pay for a new passport but i would write to them, they may be kind enough and change it. If not wait until your passport expires then change it. Your middle name cant be that bad so why not keep it. You can also ask the post office as they do a check and send service for uk passports so may answer your question
Your passport is a legal document - your name cannot be changed without some supporting legal document - such as a change of name by deed poll - or a marriage certificate.



You can search the passport agency website here :-

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/index.asp

to see if you can find any information which may help you.



..

No comments:

Post a Comment