Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Resume: company has changed names four times?

My former company has had four names during the time I worked there. I would like to express this on my resume especially as all of the former names are more recognizable than the current name of the company.



Any suggestions on how to list predecessor companies on a resume?Resume: company has changed names four times?
Chameleon Incorporated.







Wow! I don't even change my underwear that often.Resume: company has changed names four times?
List the name you worked under, and indicate its current name (i.e. The XYZ Company currently known as ABC Company)
List it as it was when you worked there. I'm sure the people who will be responding to your future employers will be aware of the name changes. OR, you could just list it as its current name, and make sure to mention the name changes during your interview.
I don't know how long you were there but a company changing names in less than 10 years is not really good in most cases. I would use the company name that stands out as the most positive that people would remember and not affiliate with different name same company.might wanna look around a little.
Use * before typing the current name of the company. Then, in a footnote, again include * before you list all of the previous names of the company, along with dates of usage, if you happen to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment