Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I confirm if a URL for a Yahoo Group is available to coincide with a change in Yahoo Group Names?

I own a yahoo group that is outdated and needs a name change. How to I know if the new name can be utilized as part for the groups URL? I need to remove all references to the previous group name, including the URL if possible. All suggestions are welcome.How do I confirm if a URL for a Yahoo Group is available to coincide with a change in Yahoo Group Names?
the only way to know if it's taken or not is to try and use a new one.changing just the title does nothing but changing the URL does, read the info below before deciding



Can I change the name or email address/URL of a group after I've set it up?

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/How do I confirm if a URL for a Yahoo Group is available to coincide with a change in Yahoo Group Names?
If your owner,

go to Description %26amp; appearance

Click on where it says group address

then type in your new address of group

then you ll see at bottom,

NOTIFY MEMBERS OF GROUPS ADDRESS CHANGE

CHECK MARK THAT..DON'T FORGET

OR THEY WONT KNOW YOUR NEW ADDRESS,

that's it !!!!!

good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment