Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do you update name servers quickly for domain names?

I just finished the process of transferring my site to a new host, but I have a problem, when ever you change name servers, it can take months for it to fully change. ISP's keep a cache of the name servers and rarely update them. Does anyone know of a good way I can ping my ISP to tell them to update the DNS cache?How do you update name servers quickly for domain names?
Make sure the old ISP has expired your IP address from their DNS servers, then call your new ISP and have them set a lower TTL (time to live) setting on your DNS host records. Most ISP's set their cache to expire within 24-48 hours so updates take place relatively fast. But you can sometimes request that time be lowered to 1-6 hours depending on how cooperative they are about it.How do you update name servers quickly for domain names?
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/i

No comments:

Post a Comment