Monday, November 22, 2010

Probate court : property in two states . How do I change name on deeds?

My dad died over a year ago. I am his Exo. He lived in Mass. and has a house there. He also ownes land in Maine . Currently we are in the Mass. Probate court with his house in Mass. How do I change the name on the property in Maine to minr? Should I go to Probate Court in Maine also?Probate court : property in two states . How do I change name on deeds?
I assume exo means executor, or exe. Once you have probated the will you just need to provide the Clerk of the Court in Maine with the proof that the property now belongs to you. They will put it in your name. You might have to pay document fees.

1 comment:

  1. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really it's great article. Keep it up.name change procedure in hyderabad | name change after marriage

    ReplyDelete