Monday, November 22, 2010

How to change name after marriage?

My wife and I were married in one state (PA) last year. We now live in another state (NJ) and she wants to change her name. In which state should we file the petition to change her name?How to change name after marriage?
Dont let her change it! What will your kids do :-P



File wherever you have residency - it will take affect nation-wide I believe.How to change name after marriage?
I married in OH and moved to TX two days after our wedding and did all my changes down here since this was my new state of residence.



We had to take the Marriage License to the SS department first because BMV required the card with my new name on it.



When I went to BMV, we took the Marriage license, new SS card and my birth certificate.



Then we had to go to the Title Dept to switch my van over and get it registered here in TX, get new tags and all that.



The Marriage License got a little beat up so you might want to put yours in a plastic sleeve to help protect it and they can still copy it without removing it from the sleeve if anyone needs a copy (SS did).
I'm not sure what u mean! Most women take the husbands name upon marriage, does she want to go back to her maiden name,u can gets papers at your local courthouse to do it . But really the name doesn't make the marriage, it's when 2 people works together to have a union!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment