Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you list on a resume if your college changes names?

For example: California State University, Hayward changed to California State University, East Bay. CSU San Diego changed to San Diego State University.



Well, my CSU is also leaning in this direction. What do I write on my resume if my school changes its name after I get my diploma in 2 years? My diploma will have the old name.How do you list on a resume if your college changes names?
You need your resume to match your diploma, but also to make sure that if someone looks it up, they can find the college. I would put California State University, Hayward (currently California State University, East Bay), if that's where you graduated from San Diego State is a little different, because it has always been San Diego State, even though it is part of the CSU system (I graduated from Cal Poly Pomona. If you go to the website, it is CSU Pomona, but it has NEVER been known as that, nor has it ever officially been named that).How do you list on a resume if your college changes names?
You would list the school as California State University, East Bay (formerly California State University, Hayward). They're not going to ask to see your diploma.
You can either list it as ';New School Name (formerly Old School Name)'; or ';Old School Name (now New School Name).';
  • what could be wrong near my printer
  • facial hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment