Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you change name on birth certificate?

I legally changed my young daughter's last name. Now I hear that I have to change her birth cert. I looked up the Vital Records website but it has no info on what the process is. Does anyone know how to do this in Georgia?How do you change name on birth certificate?
My question to you is how did you accomplish this????

I have been trying to do so for over a year and gotten no where!! Can ya help me out??How do you change name on birth certificate?
you have to go to your county clerks office and see what needs to be done it may be as easy as just siging some paper work, or you may have to get an attorney and have every thing done. good luck
not sure but in many states you have to pay to have record changed
You need to go to the social securtity office and they will tell you what to do.
I have this same dilemma.. I was told that you have to contact the hospital in order for them to change the birth certificate.. But I really think that you have to go to the county clerk's office.. For sure you have to go to the Social Security office.. Make sure that you have all your paper work when you go..
Try going to your city or town hall and ask for instructions from the civil registrar, from a civil lawyer or from a family affairs lawyer. They probbly will ask you to petition a court to reconcile the legal documents (birth certificate, etc) via a legal proceeding like court hearings.
You have to contact the state she was born in to find out how to change her name.
  • long hair styles
  • what is the name of
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment