Saturday, November 20, 2010

Is it okay to give our daughter 2 middle names?

We really want to name our daughter after my mom and dad.



my mom's name is Kathy, so we were thinking Kathryn and my dad's name is Terris.



we do want her to have her own name as well, so we want to name her Ensley.



any ideas on how to combine all three names?



Ensley Kathryn Terris Lawson

Ensley Terris Kathryn Lawson



am willing to change names as long as they sound like the originals.



thanks!! :)Is it okay to give our daughter 2 middle names?
it's fine for her to have two middle names....although i must admit i think the name Terris Kathryn sounds really cool and unique.Is it okay to give our daughter 2 middle names?
Ensley Terris Kathryn Lawson



I love that, and i think thats cool, with two middle names, she's so special she gets two, and thats cool that her grandparents will sort of be with her forever.
i like the 1st one

and it is okay



pretty names



best wishes on the baby
yes it's ok... you can do that...the Royal family always give all their kids 4 names...so you are one short...4 is the Royal number that's Princess Diana mixed up the names Prince Charles when they got married in 1980... she was too nervous to remember 4 first names...and the right order in which they go... you can even give 12 names .. that would be fun at a wedding... it will take forever to say the vows.. and what happens on a legal document.. they have to make it twice as wide....



it' perfectly fine to give two middle names..

Kathryn Ensley Terris Lawson sounds best to me...xxxit also makes it clear right away that this is a girl...

Good luck xxx
i don't see why not...several of my friends have two middle names so go for it:-)
Yes. My middle name is Gian-Marie.

I like Ensley (Ainsley??) Terris Kathryn.
I would personally go with Taryn, It's a very cute name and actually does incorporate Kathryn %26amp; Terris together. Ensley Taryn Lawson sounds beautiful.



Btw, I love the name Taryn, was almost my oldest daughters name! Good luck %26amp; congrats.
you can give your child as many names as you like

i prefer

Kathryn Ensley Terris Lawson myself

and i like the idea of using your parents names
It's fine - I like Ensley Terris Kathryn Lawson
yes. i think Ensley Terris Kathryn Lawson is so beautiful and special as it has great meaning :) good luck and congrats :)
I think it's rly cute when somebody has 2 middle names...I think those names are rly cute..I like Ensley Kathryn Terris Lawson better =).



Good luck!!
Yes that will make her feel special when she gets older . Also I like the first one .
I have two!!!!! It always made me feel special.
what if you combine the names? Maybe something like Ensley Tekryn Lawson or Ensley Katharris Lawson.
How about...



Ensley Kathryn-Terris Lawson



Maybe hyphenate it to give the look of one name but still honor both parents.
yes it is ok to give 2 middle names. both of my boys have 2 middle names. if you want to make the 2 middle names 1 just hyphenate them.
How about Theresa instead of terris you could save that for a boy



Ensley Kathryn Theresa

other wise



I like EnsleyTerris Kathryn
Sure, you can give her as many as you want.
How about Ensley Terryn Lawson to combine both names into one?
You can give your child as many names as you desire...2 isn't uncommon but not as common as one...some parents don't give a middle name at all.



As for how to combine the names, consider what you'd like to call the child on a day to day basis...
For some reason I find it annoying that people give their children 2 middle names. A middle name is practically useless enough...I know that many catholics used to give their children long names. I have a friend, ';Becky'; who's name is Rebecca Sue Mary Katherine Frances Whittaker. Now isn't that ridiculous?
i love the idea. I like the second one. the first one almost sounds like Terris Lawson is a double last name.



go for Ensley Terris Kathryn Lawson.





another option, if you're planning on having another child, is to use Ensley Kathryn Lawson for your daughter and then use Terris on the second child, whether a girl or a boy! That way, both children get to have the honor of being named after their your parents. thats only if you're planning on having another though.
I like the first combination....but i'm not sure I would use Terris....I may use Terri....or Teri....But i think it sounds cute.
yes



my friends whole family has 2 names. 6 kids.



i have four names two.



I like the second one Ensley Terris Kathryn Lawson



Another one though it's not with Ensley first is Kathryn Ensley Terris
name your child how ever many names you want, I know people with three ';middle'; names. I like the 1st choice.
Yeah thats well cool!

Course you can give your baby two middle names.

My name is Naomi Coleen Louise Claire Drury! (Claire is my confirmation name because I'm Catholic)

Two middle names are lovely and what a lovely idea to name the middle names after your parents.

Ensley Kathryn Terris Lawson is well nice! Go for it!

I wish I could do that but my mums name is Louisa and my dads is Gavin so I cant!
yeah its ok to have 2! i have 5!
Whetever you think!

I know someone with 7 middle names.
i have two middle names !! its fine!!
Name your next son/daughter after your dad. It's not hard.......

No comments:

Post a Comment